Things to keep in mind
• Check out with your airline or shipping agent to find out what your baggage allowance is.
• Plan your onward travel from the airport to your final destination – your university.
• Make sure you have received a letter of unconditional acceptance from your college or university.
• Find out how many goods you are allowed to bring in the country you plan to study in, and which items are prohibited.
• If you are taking any prescribed drugs or medicines, ask your doctor to write a letter explaining what they are and why you are taking them.
• Start gathering all the items and documents you are taking with you – make sure you have everything before you start packing.
• Buy any extra items you need e.g. money, belt, photos of yourself, dictionary.
• Label all your luggage with your name and address